Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cheap eats in Toronto

I have to admit I haven't been dining out much lately -- for a couple of reasons. One, I'm trying to hone my cooking skills at home and the best way to do that is practice, practice, practice (helps that I love it). Two, it's just too expensive! However, everyone needs a night off from kitchen duty once in a while and I was pleased to see this collection of Toronto's top mains for under $15 from NOW Magazine.

I've been to Foxley and can attest to the quality of their dishes (didn't have the beef cheeks but had some delectable sticky-sweet short ribs). Ditto Torito -- one of my favourite summer spots, and they make a wonderful ceviche. I've also tried Le Petit Dejeuner, but for brunch (excellent Belgian waffles), not dinner.

Have to say I'm anxious to try a few of these dishes out, especially the Pho from Pho Pasteur and the mac and cheese from Weezie's. The root vegetable ragout from Big Mamma's Boy looks particularly inspired as well.

If you have any recommendations for cheap eats in the city, leave a comment below or email me.

Salut!

Suzanne

Comments? Email suzannekathrynellis@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment